East Anton is close to the site of a Roman
settlement (probably known as Leucomagus, Leucomagno or Leucu Magna) where the several Roman roads and trackways
crossed, most particularly the Icknield Way and Portway. Its name is thought to be derived from the Old English
'eastan tune' (east of the town).
The Manor Farm House was built in 1647 and there a number of
19th century farm
buildings (some converted into company offices) and some more recently built dwellings.
At the start of 2009 it comprised around 10 properties but is currently
undergoing a rapid development of around 2500 dwellings.