One of the most ancient settlements in the parish consisting of 12
properties. In early days it may have been a charcoal
burning settlement with the name Woodhams (1810 Ordinance Survey) although the name of Woodhouse appears in
the earlier 1759 map by Taylor.
It contains buildings as early as 1640, to more recent dwellings and is
surrounded by open countryside.